With the festive season not quite over just yet, Metro police are still out in full force patrolling the roads.
Spokesperson for Metro police, Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar provided steps for motorists to follow when they are stopped by a Metro police officer.
Minnaar mentioned that it was important to:
- Cooperate with the officer
- Give the officer your driver’s licence when asked
- Give your accurate name and address
- If you are suspicious that the officers who pulled you over are bogus, drive to the nearest police station or garage where there are lights and cameras
- If you are pulled over by genuine officers, do not argue with them. If they issue a fine, accept it. You can dispute it later with the correct department.